CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gifts In Disguise

I always try to find lessons every day through my kids.  Usually that’s where most of them are. 
 In them.  It’s God’s way of speaking to me in His softest tone.


Like every child, Noah loves picking dandelions for me.  From the purest place inside of him, that place of love & wanting to make me happy, he pulls them from the ground.  Collects them in his hands gently & brings them to me.  As a sign of his love for me.  Because he says ‘it makes my heart happy’.

And YES, it does.

And in my own purest form, I accept them.  Kiss him on his forehead & tell him ‘Thank You’.  Not for the ‘weeds’ turned flowers in the moment but for his heart for me.  For his showing me that I can trade what is broken for what is beauty
If I open my heart to it.

He sees something that I don’t.
He feels something that I have a hard time accepting at times.

Like God.

I have been handed trials in my life, ugly things, circumstances that I would have traded for anything in the moment.  But God saw something else.  He saw the beauty.  In the moment, He saw what I didn’t.  And in that time, I accepted it.  Sometimes He had to peel back my fingers from the clenched fist I had for Him but I was still accepting because I knew that God was at work.

Thank you Noah, for my lesson today.  For the beauty that you showed me!   For allowing me to see that love & grace sometimes come in the form of things that we would rather dismiss because they aren’t pleasing to us. 

Sometimes the magnificent is disguised until the gift is ready to be revealed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment