CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 11, 2010

Loving the season!


I love summer!
It makes my heart happy.
The smell of freshly mowed grass.
A big bite of sweet juicy watermelon.
Strawberries that smell as yummy as they taste.
The way a good barbeque permeates the entire neighborhood.
I love the sounds of summer fun.
Children screaming as they jump off the diving board into the cool refresing water on a really hot day.
Or the giggles that come from down the street as the kids play hide and seek.
I love that I lose count of how many pieces of corn on the cob I have eaten because it is so sweet & rare.  I appreciate it more because I know it’s only for a season.  Isn’t that the case with most things?
I love how the sun doesn’t bid a farewell until the day has been filled to the brim…..with laughter & fun & a good afternoon nap.
And that are days are full of that soft summer breeze that only a few months bring.
How it makes the leaves on the trees rustle together to make the best sound that saturates my house because yes…I can have all the windows open….finally.
I love the feel of flip flops between my toes & the way the grass feels on the balls of my feet as I chase my kids through the yard.
And who doesn’t love a good street market?  Where you feel like you’ve been transported to another country just for a little while.  To take in the culture.  The great food.  The music in the background as you browse your day away.
There is a happy relaxed spirit that summer brings.  Like there aren’t as many cares.  And even if there are, they don’t way you down as much. 
So today, my heart is happy.  And I love that.  And I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment