CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 6, 2010

The Joy In Christmas


I love the sights & sounds of Christmas.
The bright lights on the trees.
The candlelight. 

I love to hear the bells jingling around the Clydesdales as they carry families down lit up streets.  Loved ones snuggled together under a huge blanket, taking in the delights of the season.
To listen to songs of love for Jesus.  The ‘Hallejuiah’s’  & the praises to the One that came into this world to save it.  He came for me!  And he came for YOU!  Seriously.  Like I’m even worthy of that?!?  YES….I am….You are….so, so, so worthy!!

I love the smell of the cold air.  The wood burning fireplaces that permeate the crisp nights.

I love the peace I feel. 
The calm that settles on my heart & on the world for just a little while.  I wish the peace of Christmas could radiate the entire year! 
In the craziness of shopping & cooking & parties & traveling, a peace still resides.

I admit, I feel overwhelmed at times too.  By the things that fill the calendar.  The over-committing I do because I want to be a part of everything.



I make lists & more lists.    Lists of…..
…things to do.
…gifts to buy.
…things to bake.
…Loved ones to send cards to.
…Parties to attend.

I love to give gifts.  To wrap them, in love, for the person I am giving them to.  And for each one I wrap, I pray.  For God to bless this person that I love with mercy & grace & good health & the peace of His love to fall on their hearts forever & ever.

My husband asked the other day what I wanted. 

I want this world to experience the JOY.  The abundant joy that God brings.  Not just on one day.  Not just in one Christmas Eve service.  But every day.  I want the world to celebrate His love, His birth, His death & resurrection, His love….every single second of every single day.  That’s what I want this Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment