CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

10 Things I Love About Summer



I love, love, love summer.  I know it’s hot but I’ll take it any day over cold & rainy.  Don’t get me wrong, I love a good summer rain too but….hands down, summer is my season. 

Here are my TOP 10 things I love about it….


1)    The sound of lawnmowers & the smell of fresh cut grass (ok, maybe that’s 2 but they sorta go together so I’m gonna count them as one)
2)   Corn on the cob  (I probably eat it 3 times a week during the   summer)
3)   Flip Flops (need I say more??)
4)   Going for a walk at 7:30 at night & seeing families out on bike rides & people walking their dogs  (I guess it’s just that sense of community I feel that you just don’t get in the wintertime)
5)   Going to a Rockies game on a Saturday night & having the best hotdog ever, a Tornado & a cold beer
6)   Opening all the windows in the house (even when my husband wants the air conditioning on cuz it’s 102 degrees) 
7)   The smell of BBQ
8)   Hanging out with friends on the back porch & enjoying a great summer night
9)   Outdoor movies in our cul de sac with all the neighbors

10)  Getting the blow-up pool/slide out & watching the kids play for hours


I could some up with so many things.  Wearing tank tops every day.  Visiting different parks.  Going for hikes.  Driving up to Breckenridge for a long weekend (favorite place in the world)….well, in Colorado, anyway.  Taking our annual trip to Beaver Creek.  Making Smores.  The smell of a campfire.  (although camping really isn’t up my alley)  The thought of it THRILLS me (seriously!!)  But when it comes down to actually putting up a tent, sleeping in a sleeping bag, peeing outside & not showering for 3 nights…well….that’s where ya lose me.  (I think I would make a great SURVIVOR contestant actually…..I’d get big ratings!!)  J

I love the sunshine. Going to the Paris Street Market & picking up some really unique things for our home.  The taste of watermelon.  And those 6 weeks that cherries are all you want to eat because they are so sweet & yummy & temporarily precious!

I love the drive I take every single day where I look West & see the most MAGNIFICENT mountains, covered with snow, touching blue sky.  Honestly, I could make that drive every day for the rest of my life.  And I always wonder how many people drive that same way & miss the whole thing.  Destitute of the appreciation of what beauty really is. 

Theoretically or maybe just cosmically speaking, it’s not even really summer yet.  But it sure feels like it.  And I’m happy!  And that’s all I really have to say about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment