CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gotta love a good book




I totally get what ‘they’ say.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I really wasn’t ever a lover of books.
I wanted to be.
I fact, I remember I checked out All Things Great and Small from the school library when I was in the 3rd grade.
Only to turn it back in a week later with about 2 chapters read.
I bought it again a few years ago & still didn’t get through it.



When Hailey was born, she screamed from the moment she appeared in our world.  Seriously.
I thought I was doing everything wrong.  That I was a terrible mom. 
There was never peace in our home from 3 p.m. until about 11 every night for 5 months.
And without going into too much detail on that, I learned to find peace in reading.

It was the one thing that I could do at night when she finally stopped crying that would allow my mind to settle.  My soul to calm.  And I started loving words. 

TV would just bring more noise.
Surfing the internet just brought story after story of things gone wrong in society and quite frankly I didn’t want to hear about other’s problems when I was just trying to get through mine!
And I had already done my fair share of praying in those 7 plus hours.

So reading it was!

I never thought I would love it so much. 

I buy more books before I even finish the others which is why I have so many sitting on my nightstand tonight.

Here’s my list currently:

Bridge to Terabithia (It’s children’s literature & it seems like a good read)
The Clockwork Three (again….really seems like a fascinating book!)
Three Cups of Tea (A man’s mission for peace building one school at a time)
Real Moms….Real Jesus (cuz well…I just need to fill myself up as a mom)
Solomon’s Oak (this was just on sale when Borders went out of business)
Rescue (again, on sale but just looked good)
One Fifth Avenue (I loved Lipstick Jungle so thought this would be a good follow-up)
Mini Shopaholic (this just says it all right in the title)
Holy Bible (no words really needed here!!!!!)…and will FOREVER be on my nightstand.
Fly Away Home (I love Jennifer Weiner as an author)

REALLY?!?!?

TEN books!

I read every night before I go to bed but seriously?

And there are probably another 10 books IN my nightstand that I just don’t have room for at the moment.

I just finished The Hunger Games series & that was just amazing!  I have never been into a book that generates a following.  But this was a serious addiction for about 7 weeks.  Couldn’t put them down! 

There was a lot of good that came out of those colicky months.  And I can ONLY say that now because I’m sitting in silence & those days are long gone, never to return again!

My love for written words has become so much more abundant than I ever thought it could be!

So now, I’m off to rest…with a good book in hand!

What are YOU reading? 


No comments:

Post a Comment