CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Power of 30

It isn’t a perfect number.
It’s just the number I chose.
Maybe it has something to do with the idea that it takes 30 days to change a habit.

I’ve been out of touch lately.
Not with life…..God knows I’ve been busy!
But when I finally get quiet time at night to reflect on the day, I think about what it is that I’ve given today.  Have I made a difference?  Have I given fully & freely with no need for recognition & praise?  And I realize, more often than I like to admit really, that I come up short. 
I fill my life with errands & play dates & projects & training & kids but I don’t fill my heart up with what it really needs.  And I am empty.  Empty of the true joy that I should be feeling if I am really living in the power of the Holy Spirit.

So I am launching my own Power of 30 Project.  And maybe you’ll join me.
30 days of reflection.
30 days of conscious living.
30 days of GIVING.

The heart & hands that I am lent for this time will be transformed

I do not have a plan.  I just have a purpose.  There was no board meeting to decide what I will do or when I will do it.  There is no To-Do-List to check off.  There is no agenda.  Unless you count giving openly & with a joyful heart.  To experience what it’s like to walk through life for a while not taking anything.  Just allowing my heart to open itself up to what others may need. 

The giving could be small & seemingly insignificant or cross the boundaries of our budget but it’s not about me & it’s not about budget.  I will listen for God & I will let Him take over.  And we’ll see what happens.

Today…..
The giving was a meal.  For someone that needed it.  And quite frankly, I didn’t have time to make it or deliver it.  But there is more to it than that.  It’s about providing for another.  I didn’t do it to get a thank you or a pat on the back.  I did it because it needed to be done.  Had I known they ate a TV dinner on Easter……I WOULD HAVE DONE IT YESTERDAY!  But I didn’t know then.  TODAY….I do.

So in an effort to change my own heart…..
My selfish SELF…..
My ‘tending to want to take more than I give’ soul….
I will let these next 30 days be a lesson.
And I hope that we will ALL learn something in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment