CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 22, 2010

Defining Moments


We all have them.
Definitions for who we are. 
What we are.
Some definitions even could describe why we ARE how we Are.

Definition: mother, business owner, father, brother, daughter, CEO, Doctor, Missionary, gardener. 

Or maybe we’re defined as:  critic, teacher, Christian, broken, mean, smart, comical.

In an instant….a moment.  Circumstances….decisions…..life…..gives us an opportunity to add to the list or even, under extraordinary events, take away from it.

 On MY list of definitions, I AM a widow.    Added to my list when I was only 30.  And with that,  it wiped a lot of my other definitions off my slate, as well.  I WASN'T a wife anymore.   I WASN'T a caretaker, a nurse, a cook, a housekeeper.

 I WAS a WIDOW.

 And now, I had to check THAT box when defining myself on an application or a 'new patient' information form.  And at that point, I realized what it meant to have a 'Defining Moment'.

      Those moments that
           change
                your
                   definition. 

The REAL moments that define who you are.  And now that I'm married again, I wonder...am I STILL a widow?  And what box do I check?  Should I check both?  Because I was....and I AM.  Widowed AND Married.

 Sometimes....the definition                                      is what we make it.

How do you define yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment