CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Defining Moments


We all have them.
Definitions for who we are. 
What we are.
Some definitions even could describe why we ARE how we Are.

Definition: mother, business owner, father, brother, daughter, CEO, Doctor, Missionary, gardener. 

Or maybe we’re defined as:  critic, teacher, Christian, broken, mean, smart, comical.

In an instant….a moment.  Circumstances….decisions…..life…..gives us an opportunity to add to the list or even, under extraordinary events, take away from it.

 On MY list of definitions, I AM a widow.    Added to my list when I was only 30.  And with that,  it wiped a lot of my other definitions off my slate, as well.  I WASN'T a wife anymore.   I WASN'T a caretaker, a nurse, a cook, a housekeeper.

 I WAS a WIDOW.

 And now, I had to check THAT box when defining myself on an application or a 'new patient' information form.  And at that point, I realized what it meant to have a 'Defining Moment'.

      Those moments that
           change
                your
                   definition. 

The REAL moments that define who you are.  And now that I'm married again, I wonder...am I STILL a widow?  And what box do I check?  Should I check both?  Because I was....and I AM.  Widowed AND Married.

 Sometimes....the definition                                      is what we make it.

How do you define yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment