CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Capes & Tiaras

I need to find a cape that matches my eyes.

That doesn’t make my butt look big or make me look too frumpy.

One that is sparkly & fun & that doesn’t need to be ironed.

I do have Wonder Woman power after all!

SHE never had to do the things that we, as moms do!  Did you EVER see her multitask? 


Every day we are faced with a multitude of challenges.
We fix broken toys and mend broken hearts.
We heal skinned knees & sometimes, bruised egos.
We love with everything we have & all that we are.
We wipe away tears & spilled milk & mud covered floors.
We sew button eyes on sock puppets.  And more importantly, we sew our unconditional love into the fabric of their hearts.

We even have the potential of saving the world! (at least in the eyes of a 4 year old that lost her favorite blanket temporarily)

We are teachers & friends.
We are cooks & chauffeurs.
We are encouragers.  We are inspiration.
We are shoulders to cry on & laps to sit on.
We are cheerleaders & coaches.
We are the ones that are sitting on the sidelines in the subzero temperatures to applaud the touchdown.
If they only see us for a fleeting moment, they still know that WE WERE THERE!  And it makes the hypothermia worth it!!
WE
ARE
EXAMPLES

I can do more with an hour of quiet time then most do in a span of a 10-hour work day. 

I’m certainly not touting my testimony of strength & good time management.  There are times that I really don’t have it all together.  Days when breakfast is still on the table when my husband comes home.  Times when the goal of doing 3 loads of laundry gets squelched by a fever or tantrum or making noodle art instead.  I become selfish with my time.  I want to do something without them.  I want to just be ME for a little while.  I get angry with them.  I say things I shouldn’t.  Wish time would move quicker (and THAT, I know I will regret some day!!)

But I still believe that if the Pentagon would allow a few of us moms around the conference table, if we were allowed the privilege to join in the meeting of the minds, that we could have world peace and global warming taken care of in a matter of minutes & still have time left over to swing by the closest mall & grab a cute pair of shoes before running home to make dinner & head off to soccer practice.

So today, I will adorn myself with my tiara & wear my cape proudly.  Because..... I am a super mom



No comments:

Post a Comment