CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 8, 2010

I got nothin'

I am never at a loss for words.  Rarely ever.
And the last couple of days I have nothing.


I have a serious case of writers block I guess.
But that seems funny to me because I don't really consider myself a writer.


It's not because I don't have stories or testimonies or my own words of wisdom to share.
I have a whole lifetime of them.
I sit at the computer & begin to write.  I get a few sentences formed & then I hit 'delete'.
It's not where my heart is at the moment.  It's not the time to share that specific element.
So I start over.  
Delete.
Begin again.
Delete.


I realize, in the process, that I put too much pressure on myself sometimes.
I want there to always be some sort of earth shattering statement that changes the world.  Or at least changes the world of those that are reading what I write.


But sometimes nothing comes.  And it's okay.  
It's ok to be patient.  To be still.  To wait for the right moment.


I guess what this time of silence is showing me is that sometimes less is more.
Sometimes we need to close our mouths.  Open our ears.  Listen to our hearts.  And know that something better is coming.  And that patience is a virtue that is silently pursuing me.  That as fast I run FROM it.....that I should just let it catch up with me & take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment