CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 15, 2010

In(Dependence)

I’ve always considered myself independent.
 I don’t count on others to do things for me.  (My husband may disagree!)
But I walk my own path.  Don’t worry about what others think all that much.  I can manage just fine on my own.
Being independent these days, shows strength.  It means you don’t need people.  You can make a life for yourself with no favor from others.  Get by with little help.  Support yourself in whatever lifestyle you choose.
But being in dependence of God is something that I desire. 
I am dependent on Him for EVERYTHING. 
I look to Him to give me provision in every aspect of my life.
From finances to food on our table.
From the clothes on my back to the clean sheets on our bed.
I depend on Him for my health & safety. 
I look to Him to alter my heart when it’s not in a good place.
I rely on Him to move in my life every day so I can be a better mom, better wife, better friend, better person, better servant to Him.

Without Him, I can’t do anything…..nor, do I want to.

And this doesn’t make me weak
In fact, it does the exact opposite.
       I am stronger through Him.
               I stand because of Him. 

 And even when I rest on the shoulder of His forgiveness & mercy, it’s there that my dependence transforms into something that can move mountains.  It is there that the shadow of weakness turns to radiance that transcends this world we live in.  And my dependent heart becomes STRONG……..In….                                                          Compassion....Forgiveness....Empathy....Love.....Patience......Kindness....& Joy!
                                    
                                                                                                                                                                        
 I CAN’T manage this life on my own.  I’ve tried.  And I have failed.
I AM weak.  He gives me strength.
I AM broken.  He mends.
I NEED HIM.  I AM…….DEPENDENT.



No comments:

Post a Comment