CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Invitation


Meet me in this place.
Open the door of my hardened heart & come in. 
You’re invited here, where others have come & gone, left their mark, taken what they needed or given what I did.
Either way, there is a space for you.

When I am tired and weak, scared and uncertain, I know to rest my head on the shoulder of peace & possibility, on grace and mercy.
When the burdens I carry are too much for me to hold, I know to lay them at your feet, to place them where they will be taken from me, and then take my empty hands & lift them in praise to You.
When my feet wander down a path of destruction & sin, I know that You will lead me back.  To place my feet in the richness of your soil, to allow them to take root & grow & bear beautiful fruit.

Meet me where I am.
I am ready.
 I will be here this time.
Fully present.

Sometimes I’ve been a no-show.
I thought I was ready but I wasn’t.
Even long before I even thought of returning to you, you were ready.

I am willing now.
I am ready.
I am available.

So come in.
Transform my heart.
Move where it is needed.
Plant the seeds that need to be planted.
You are welcome here.

And please, PLEASE
Don’t
Ever
Leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment